M200
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Optic Dtreats in or out?

Go down 
+10
J a c k
TWei Baby
Mazes :O
Callum
Zelink
REDOCTO
Xi_XiiX_iX
M40A3 Kaaaaables
I <3 Hitmarkers xx
DieEasy
14 posters
AuthorMessage
DieEasy
Sergeant
Sergeant
DieEasy

Optic Dtreats in or out? Empty
PostSubject: Optic Dtreats in or out?   Optic Dtreats in or out? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:01 pm

I bet all of you know of the "Dtreats incident" But if you don't let me tell ya.

In a tournament known as the frag cup, Optic gaming played against another team to get to the next ladder of the tournament. They beat the other team but they needed to send in footage of the game to Machinima (hosts of frag cup). So the Optic team decided to send Optic Dtreats footage because is was the most entertaining. BUT on closer inspection, in Dtreats class selection he had a fourth perk on. So they were disqualified from the Frag cup.

I believe they should keep Dtreats because he is a great player and sniper. But what are your opinions?
Back to top Go down
I <3 Hitmarkers xx
Major General III
Major General III
I <3 Hitmarkers xx

PostSubject: Re: Optic Dtreats in or out?   Optic Dtreats in or out? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:04 pm

They are keeping him, OpTic Vivo and OpTic Birdman said that, but H3CZ (the leader) hasn't said anything as far as I know
Back to top Go down
M40A3 Kaaaaables
Admin
Admin
M40A3 Kaaaaables

PostSubject: Re: Optic Dtreats in or out?   Optic Dtreats in or out? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:39 pm

i understand why they were DQ'd and agree that they shoulda been.
But kicking him out would be dumb.
He basically gave himself a handicap. (no frag/semtex in a domination gametype) and bc killstreaks were off hardline was worthless) and he STILL dominated everybody.

Someone that is that good shouldn't be kicked from a team because of something like this

I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose because.... why would he use a cheat that doesnt help? If he had planned on cheating he would have done lightweight. But it was hardline.
idk jst my opinoon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KablesCANTdance
Xi_XiiX_iX
VIP Member
VIP Member
Xi_XiiX_iX

PostSubject: Re: Optic Dtreats in or out?   Optic Dtreats in or out? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:43 pm

He should be kept in. Have you guys watched his apology video? he like starts crying bless him.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MiLFxxPrODuCTIoNs
REDOCTO
Admin
Admin
REDOCTO

PostSubject: Re: Optic Dtreats in or out?   Optic Dtreats in or out? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:46 pm

DTreats is a down-to-earth guy and already established a reputation of how professional he is.
I don't know if you guys have watched his apology VIDEO,
but I think he is sincerely sorry and didn't mean to make that mistake.
Back to top Go down
Zelink
Zelink

PostSubject: Re: Optic Dtreats in or out?   Optic Dtreats in or out? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 3:11 pm

Honestly, he did nothing wrong, however it was just bad timing on his part.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.come/G3TMProductions
I <3 Hitmarkers xx
Major General III
Major General III
I <3 Hitmarkers xx

PostSubject: Re: Optic Dtreats in or out?   Optic Dtreats in or out? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 3:14 pm

The defenition of cheating is using illegal practices/items to gain an advantage over an opponent. How did he gain any sort of advantage?
Back to top Go down
Callum
Lieutenant Colonel III
Lieutenant Colonel III
Callum

PostSubject: Re: Optic Dtreats in or out?   Optic Dtreats in or out? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 3:22 pm

He has done something wrong but it wasn't his fault. You could tell in his voice how sorry he was. Optic will be making a big mistake if they kick him out.
Back to top Go down
Zelink
Zelink

PostSubject: Re: Optic Dtreats in or out?   Optic Dtreats in or out? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 3:23 pm

I <3 Hitmarkers xx wrote:
The defenition of cheating is using illegal practices/items to gain an advantage over an opponent. How did he gain any sort of advantage?

The rules include no hacks as well. Hacks don't have to be to the users advantage. They can even be to a disadvantage and still be against the rules. Using the term "cheating" is better than th term hacked when it comes to official tournaments. :3
Back to top Go down
Zelink
Zelink

PostSubject: Re: Optic Dtreats in or out?   Optic Dtreats in or out? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 3:39 pm

Sorry for the double post, but just found this video about the whole situation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5fcMhs9yMY&playnext_from=TL&videos=5HGWTlEIUCQ&feature=sub
Back to top Go down
Callum
Lieutenant Colonel III
Lieutenant Colonel III
Callum

PostSubject: Re: Optic Dtreats in or out?   Optic Dtreats in or out? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 3:45 pm

Zelink wrote:
Sorry for the double post, but just found this video about the whole situation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5fcMhs9yMY&playnext_from=TL&videos=5HGWTlEIUCQ&feature=sub

At about 50 seconds, H3cz says he Dtreats isn't allowed access to Optic Nation, Does that mean he can't play with them or something?
Back to top Go down
Zelink
Zelink

PostSubject: Re: Optic Dtreats in or out?   Optic Dtreats in or out? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 3:51 pm

I think it's their site maybe?
Back to top Go down
Callum
Lieutenant Colonel III
Lieutenant Colonel III
Callum

PostSubject: Re: Optic Dtreats in or out?   Optic Dtreats in or out? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 4:00 pm

Zelink wrote:
I think it's their site maybe?

Yeah, obviously but why wouldn't he be allowed access to it? Thats where they organize everything, I would think.
Back to top Go down
Brigadier General III
Brigadier General III

PostSubject: Re: Optic Dtreats in or out?   Optic Dtreats in or out? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 4:25 pm

I think they should leave him on the team, his a great player, just made a mistake :/
Back to top Go down
TWei Baby
1st Lieutenant II
1st Lieutenant II
TWei Baby

PostSubject: Re: Optic Dtreats in or out?   Optic Dtreats in or out? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 6:52 pm

I hadn't heard about this at all. I think that it is right for the team to be DQd, even if it was an honest mistake. If they keep it a 'No Exceptions' thing, it keeps it fair for everyone.
As for banning him from the team, I think that is a bit drastic.

Off topic but, does anyone know if Optic Analzz (or something like that) is associated with the Optic team? I was playing against that guy a few days ago and I totally owned him and I though "I thought the Optic guys were supposed to be good" I just figured he was a poser. He did snap a couple quick headshots on me with the barrett but for the most part failed dismally.
Back to top Go down
Callum
Lieutenant Colonel III
Lieutenant Colonel III
Callum

PostSubject: Re: Optic Dtreats in or out?   Optic Dtreats in or out? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 6:55 pm

TWei Baby wrote:
I hadn't heard about this at all. I think that it is right for the team to be DQd, even if it was an honest mistake. If they keep it a 'No Exceptions' thing, it keeps it fair for everyone.
As for banning him from the team, I think that is a bit drastic.

Off topic but, does anyone know if Optic Analzz (or something like that) is associated with the Optic team? I was playing against that guy a few days ago and I totally owned him and I though "I thought the Optic guys were supposed to be good" I just figured he was a poser. He did snap a couple quick headshots on me with the barrett but for the most part failed dismally.

I doubt he is in Optic with a name like that.
Back to top Go down
J a c k
Captain II
Captain II
J a c k

PostSubject: Re: Optic Dtreats in or out?   Optic Dtreats in or out? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 7:04 pm

its a simply mistake like he said he diden't intend on joining this lobby Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/ExtraordinaryGaming
TWei Baby
1st Lieutenant II
1st Lieutenant II
TWei Baby

PostSubject: Re: Optic Dtreats in or out?   Optic Dtreats in or out? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:38 pm

Callum wrote:

I doubt he is in Optic with a name like that.

I figured. I saw the Optic first and was like pale then I started playing him and was like scratch
Back to top Go down
Xenohn
Staff Sergeant I
Staff Sergeant I

PostSubject: Re: Optic Dtreats in or out?   Optic Dtreats in or out? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 11:07 am

They're letting him stay.
He's gotta get one account to LVL 70, he can't use OpTic Nation for 3 months, and he's gotta do a commentary with 3 random people. This is all he's gotta do to stay in OpTic.
Back to top Go down
Callum
Lieutenant Colonel III
Lieutenant Colonel III
Callum

PostSubject: Re: Optic Dtreats in or out?   Optic Dtreats in or out? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 2:10 pm

Xenohn wrote:
They're letting him stay.
He's gotta get one account to LVL 70, he can't use OpTic Nation for 3 months, and he's gotta do a commentary with 3 random people. This is all he's gotta do to stay in OpTic.

Yeah, if you watched the video you would know that, which I am pretty sure everyone did.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Captain
Captain
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Optic Dtreats in or out?   Optic Dtreats in or out? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 7:21 pm

When you say hack's are advantage's, do you mean hardline in a kill streakless game is an advantage? no grenade for teh loss scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
Zelink
Zelink

PostSubject: Re: Optic Dtreats in or out?   Optic Dtreats in or out? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 7:32 pm

Alec wrote:
When you say hack's are advantage's, do you mean hardline in a kill streakless game is an advantage? no grenade for teh loss scratch

Who said hacks are always to the advantage?
Back to top Go down
Dubbz
Major General II
Major General II
Dubbz

PostSubject: Re: Optic Dtreats in or out?   Optic Dtreats in or out? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 10:58 pm

I'm pretty sure they already made a decision to keep him in, but just in case, they should keep him. He's one of the best snipers of all time. Besides that, he "cheating" actually hurt him in the tournament. So many people are doing hacks anyway, so why should he get punished more? DTreats in.
Back to top Go down
Effect
VIP Member
VIP Member
Effect

PostSubject: Re: Optic Dtreats in or out?   Optic Dtreats in or out? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:56 pm

They're keeping him in, but he won't be allowed any sponsorship products for 2 months, and he has to pick a member of the community to do a dual commentary with him,

Effect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Optic Dtreats in or out?   Optic Dtreats in or out? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Optic Dtreats in or out?
Page 1 of 1