M200
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ladder/Result Chart or not?

Go down 
+8
TWei Baby
xGCx ShaRpShoT
Zelink
Callum
M40A3 Kaaaaables
DieEasy
REDOCTO
I <3 Hitmarkers xx
12 posters
AuthorMessage
I <3 Hitmarkers xx
Major General III
Major General III
I <3 Hitmarkers xx

Ladder/Result Chart or not? Empty
PostSubject: Ladder/Result Chart or not?   Ladder/Result Chart or not? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:44 pm

Should we record results and put them on the site or not?
I personally think we should have a ladder of recent results and a table of players and thier wins,loses, games played and points. If this is possible it would be a great addition to the site and help it grow-alot of snipers like playing competivly and looking at their progress, and see how they've improved and how they compare to other players
THE PROBLEM
Some sad douchebags would lie about results, or others might have an unfair advantage. E.G. Third perks, using stuns/flashes
THE SOLUTION
Set up the table and play matches and have an option to 'Report Score' and 'Report a Problem'
if there is a disagreement, then have a rematch with a referee spectating.
For this volunteers would be needed, I could be a ref for UK matches if needed and there would be plenty of other volunteers from America

Tell me what you think of this system and how it could be improved
thanks
Back to top Go down
REDOCTO
Admin
Admin
REDOCTO

PostSubject: Re: Ladder/Result Chart or not?   Ladder/Result Chart or not? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:15 pm

The PROBLEM to your SOLUTION (:

Let's say I am the member of the losing team. I don't like how the game went down (because I plain suck)
But I want to be a douche and make the other team play us agains so I report a problem.
So the other team has to play our team for no reason and do a rematch.

You don't want that to happen (:
Back to top Go down
DieEasy
Sergeant
Sergeant
DieEasy

PostSubject: Re: Ladder/Result Chart or not?   Ladder/Result Chart or not? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:17 pm

Well if that happens then the other team won't care because they know they will beat your team Laughing
Back to top Go down
M40A3 Kaaaaables
Admin
Admin
M40A3 Kaaaaables

PostSubject: Re: Ladder/Result Chart or not?   Ladder/Result Chart or not? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:21 pm

Yeah. I'm not sure like, maybe we could do like,
any 1v1 match played through the site needs to have a 3rd person specate?
but then that spectator could just be one of the guys' friend or something.
Sad

How can we make this work?

well I mean, we could jst rely on the honor system like GB does.
Then if/when there is a problem and it gets reported we can just hear both sides of the story and make a judgement call about whether or not they have to do a rematch?

it wouldn't be perfect but like, itd be better than nothing?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KablesCANTdance
I <3 Hitmarkers xx
Major General III
Major General III
I <3 Hitmarkers xx

PostSubject: Re: Ladder/Result Chart or not?   Ladder/Result Chart or not? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:37 pm

Yea-we can't have a ref watching every game because as the website grows it will become harder and harder.
Maybe give a player a certain amount of rematch claims or something along those lines?
Back to top Go down
Callum
Lieutenant Colonel III
Lieutenant Colonel III
Callum

PostSubject: Re: Ladder/Result Chart or not?   Ladder/Result Chart or not? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 3:28 pm

That's why GB sucks, all the kids dispute because they can't stand losing.

IMO this should just be a friendly site for the moment without being too competitive.
Back to top Go down
Zelink
Zelink

PostSubject: Re: Ladder/Result Chart or not?   Ladder/Result Chart or not? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 3:36 pm

If someone can not conduct themself in a proper manner while on this site, they do not deserve the same privelages as the other members. I think a chart/point based system would be fine for each team event(s), 1 v 1s, etc. Eventually we can probably set-up ladders as long as we have people to do the point/chart stuff. :3

If a problem arrises that is not too bad, we can most likely deal with it as both players should be fine with either explaining the situation together or re-playing the game because of an actual problem/error.

Lag Tests should also be done before each game occurs. You start the private match, mess around for a little bit, and see if you lag any. Once back in the private match lobby, both players should report their lag status and then start to play if they're good to go. If this hasn't been stated, 1 v 1s should be in FFA. It makes the game a lot better than TDM. :\

That's what I got for now. ^_^
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.come/G3TMProductions
xGCx ShaRpShoT
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Ladder/Result Chart or not?   Ladder/Result Chart or not? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:32 pm

i like your idea it would be cool to know records and sutff and not havnt to keep track by yourself
Back to top Go down
TWei Baby
1st Lieutenant II
1st Lieutenant II
TWei Baby

PostSubject: Re: Ladder/Result Chart or not?   Ladder/Result Chart or not? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:59 pm

you could just make it the winner's responsability to take a screenshot at the end of the match with the final score and post it here. then it is verified and the only time a dispute would arise is if someone used illegal perks, or equipment or whatever.

the only problem with this is the screenshot (not everyone has capture cards). but you could just take a pic of your tv with a digital camera, it doesnt have to be great quality.

afterthought: i have a cheapo roxio standard def capture card that i ordered for less than $15 and that was 3 years ago. its not that much of an expense, good way to ensure the validity of matches. but again its not like you can ask everyone to buy a capture card in order to compete.
Back to top Go down
Dubbz
Major General II
Major General II
Dubbz

PostSubject: Re: Ladder/Result Chart or not?   Ladder/Result Chart or not? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 1:14 pm

i think that we just need (at least) one person in each game recording
Back to top Go down
TWei Baby
1st Lieutenant II
1st Lieutenant II
TWei Baby

PostSubject: Re: Ladder/Result Chart or not?   Ladder/Result Chart or not? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 1:17 pm

yeah. then only three people have to arrange a time to play, and one acts as a 'referee' just to make sure nobody cheats.
Back to top Go down
Selito Sparrow
VIP Member
VIP Member
Selito Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Ladder/Result Chart or not?   Ladder/Result Chart or not? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 1:19 pm

Zelink wrote:
If someone can not conduct themself in a proper manner while on this site, they do not deserve the same privelages as the other members. I think a chart/point based system would be fine for each team event(s), 1 v 1s, etc. Eventually we can probably set-up ladders as long as we have people to do the point/chart stuff. :3

If a problem arrises that is not too bad, we can most likely deal with it as both players should be fine with either explaining the situation together or re-playing the game because of an actual problem/error.

Lag Tests should also be done before each game occurs. You start the private match, mess around for a little bit, and see if you lag any. Once back in the private match lobby, both players should report their lag status and then start to play if they're good to go. If this hasn't been stated, 1 v 1s should be in FFA. It makes the game a lot better than TDM. :\

That's what I got for now. ^_^

I think this is going to be the most acceptable idea and if we want to implement things further just have people taking a picture of the score at the end so they can verify the result, everyone has a camera.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/riccardotm
Effect
VIP Member
VIP Member
Effect

PostSubject: Re: Ladder/Result Chart or not?   Ladder/Result Chart or not? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 1:23 pm

REDOCTO wrote:
The PROBLEM to your SOLUTION (:

Let's say I am the member of the losing team. I don't like how the game went down (because I plain suck)
But I want to be a douche and make the other team play us agains so I report a problem.
So the other team has to play our team for no reason and do a rematch.

You don't want that to happen (:
We could assign REF's, i'd be happy to Ref. if i wasn't busy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Callum
Lieutenant Colonel III
Lieutenant Colonel III
Callum

PostSubject: Re: Ladder/Result Chart or not?   Ladder/Result Chart or not? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 1:54 pm

Take a picture of the final result with your phone? and upload it, it only takes 5 minutes.
Back to top Go down
M40A3 Kaaaaables
Admin
Admin
M40A3 Kaaaaables

PostSubject: Re: Ladder/Result Chart or not?   Ladder/Result Chart or not? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 2:25 pm

We played around with the idea of making one of the perks of being a VIP having easy access to someone to record their matches for them, this would mean nobody could cheat them and if they so desired we could send them the video so they could have that epic no scope or watch the game to see what they did wrong and try to improve
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KablesCANTdance
Selito Sparrow
VIP Member
VIP Member
Selito Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Ladder/Result Chart or not?   Ladder/Result Chart or not? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 2:44 pm

M40A3 Kaaaaables wrote:
We played around with the idea of making one of the perks of being a VIP having easy access to someone to record their matches for them, this would mean nobody could cheat them and if they so desired we could send them the video so they could have that epic no scope or watch the game to see what they did wrong and try to improve

Yep brilliant idea Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/riccardotm
Dubbz
Major General II
Major General II
Dubbz

PostSubject: Re: Ladder/Result Chart or not?   Ladder/Result Chart or not? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 3:02 pm

Selito Sparrow wrote:
M40A3 Kaaaaables wrote:

Yep brilliant idea Very Happy

agreed
Back to top Go down
D1EN0M1TE
Lieutenant Colonel III
Lieutenant Colonel III
D1EN0M1TE

PostSubject: Re: Ladder/Result Chart or not?   Ladder/Result Chart or not? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 3:07 pm

This sounds like an awesome idea and if any refs are needed I'm always happy to help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ladder/Result Chart or not?   Ladder/Result Chart or not? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ladder/Result Chart or not?
Page 1 of 1