M200
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Intervention vs. Barret

Go down 
+14
Lightswarm
Effect
M40A3 Phaze
Eskimo
D1EN0M1TE
Xenohn
Xi_XiiX_iX
DieEasy
Callum
I <3 Hitmarkers xx
Zelink
Mazes :O
M40A3 Kaaaaables
REDOCTO
18 posters
AuthorMessage
REDOCTO
Admin
Admin
REDOCTO

Intervention vs. Barret Empty
PostSubject: Intervention vs. Barret   Intervention vs. Barret I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 5:22 pm

This is the question everyone at least ask themselves once, which is better: the Intervention or the Barret .50 cal?

Personal preference wise, I like the Intervention better because of its looks and feel.
Since it's bolt action, it feels more powerful in your hands. I know game stats wise it is the same as Barret
but like I said, personal preference.

It's weird because whenever I use the Barret, I always get hitmarkers. Way more than when I use the intervention
so that's another reason, I would pick the Intervention.

Tell me what you think.
Back to top Go down
M40A3 Kaaaaables
Admin
Admin
M40A3 Kaaaaables

PostSubject: Re: Intervention vs. Barret   Intervention vs. Barret I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 9:01 pm

I like the intervention better.
but I think the 50 cal is the actual better weapon.
i talk about it in my commentary number 3 actually lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXGvGQOpG7c
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KablesCANTdance
REDOCTO
Admin
Admin
REDOCTO

PostSubject: Re: Intervention vs. Barret   Intervention vs. Barret I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 9:03 pm

Lol wow way to advertise your commentary.
Sneaky sneaky.
Back to top Go down
Brigadier General III
Brigadier General III

PostSubject: Re: Intervention vs. Barret   Intervention vs. Barret I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 7:51 am

Ive used both a lot and I actually think that the barret is better/easier to use. I like to use the intervention more though, gotta have my bolt action.

I miss he CoD4 M40A3 Sad
Back to top Go down
Zelink
Zelink

PostSubject: Re: Intervention vs. Barret   Intervention vs. Barret I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 8:05 am

Intervention is better for montage-like kills as well as it looks and feels cooler tbh. The Barrett is just a lot faster and can shoot a lot more making it better for pretty much all kinds of scoping. However, the Intervention takes more skill to use in clutch-like situations. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.come/G3TMProductions
I <3 Hitmarkers xx
Major General III
Major General III
I <3 Hitmarkers xx

PostSubject: Re: Intervention vs. Barret   Intervention vs. Barret I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 4:45 pm

I prefer the intervention more personally, just because when I use the barret I get shitloads of hitmarkers and also in close quarters I tend to spam the trigger like a pro.
But also I love the bolt action, it makes me feel like zzirGrizz when I get a nice triple killfeed going
Back to top Go down
Callum
Lieutenant Colonel III
Lieutenant Colonel III
Callum

PostSubject: Re: Intervention vs. Barret   Intervention vs. Barret I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 8:41 pm

Intervention is more of a challenge to me.
Back to top Go down
Brigadier General III
Brigadier General III

PostSubject: Re: Intervention vs. Barret   Intervention vs. Barret I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 12:11 am

Callum wrote:
Intervention is more of a challenge to me.

Yeah its the same with me, with the barret if you miss you can still get the kill easy but if you are using the intervention and playing against decent people, you miss, you die.
Back to top Go down
DieEasy
Sergeant
Sergeant
DieEasy

PostSubject: Re: Intervention vs. Barret   Intervention vs. Barret I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 4:28 am

In my opinion the intervention is better for people that think they can get kills and stay alive. The intervention needs more skill due to it being bolt action. But the barret is better for new players that need a god gun to kill at a range and if needed spam the trigger.
Back to top Go down
Xi_XiiX_iX
VIP Member
VIP Member
Xi_XiiX_iX

PostSubject: Re: Intervention vs. Barret   Intervention vs. Barret I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 12:53 pm

I think that the barrett is more fun to play with at close quarters because you can just spray at people and really annoy them xD
but i find the intervention is a much more reliable gun, the barrett just doesn't have the same feel to it, it feels like cheating as its not bolt action.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MiLFxxPrODuCTIoNs
Xenohn
Staff Sergeant I
Staff Sergeant I

PostSubject: Re: Intervention vs. Barret   Intervention vs. Barret I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:45 am

I think the Barret is easier to use.
It may just be me, but it's so much easier for me to scope in and get the kill.
I usually stick to the Intervention just because... well because!
But I think the Barret is easier.
Back to top Go down
D1EN0M1TE
Lieutenant Colonel III
Lieutenant Colonel III
D1EN0M1TE

PostSubject: Re: Intervention vs. Barret   Intervention vs. Barret I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 3:58 pm

Here's my take on it:

The Barret is all around easier to use. The recoil is more predictable, and you can shoot faster than the intervention. I also really like the Barret with thermal for quick scoping (if you havent tried this, you should!) I actually disagree with the fact that it get's alot of hitmarkers, I think it gets the same amount. And all statistics support that, because they do the same exact damage.

As for the Intervention, it looks cooler, and I find it very fun to use. You can stay more in control especially when quick scoping, and I think it takes up less room on the screen. It is also supposedly more accurate than the Barret, and if you've played with some really good quick scopers then you should know just how accurate it can be Wink.

Overall, I think both guns are very good, and I like to use both. I really like the Barret because of its firing speed capabilities, while I like the Intervention for showing off. And hey, lets face it, isn't quick scoping about showing off?
Back to top Go down
Eskimo
Corporal I
Corporal I

PostSubject: Re: Intervention vs. Barret   Intervention vs. Barret I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 10:45 pm

never asked myself, since cod4 i have hated the barret with a passion. people kept saying it was a 1hko in cod4, when i used it i got hit markers more than half the time. now in mw2 i still get hit markers like crazy with it. since the start ive liked intervention best. i'm just so used to waiting a bit for the bolt to be pulled back whenever i use the barret i lose a lot of accuracy or just get killed fast.
Back to top Go down
M40A3 Phaze
Master Sergeant II
Master Sergeant II
M40A3 Phaze

PostSubject: Re: Intervention vs. Barret   Intervention vs. Barret I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 1:48 am

When i'm messing around Barret+Thermal

When i'm trying to win or playing search - Intervention regscope
Back to top Go down
Effect
VIP Member
VIP Member
Effect

PostSubject: Re: Intervention vs. Barret   Intervention vs. Barret I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 2:30 am

Barrett should be the better gun, in reality it fires anti-tank bullets. But the intervention is BOSS. I love you
Back to top Go down
Lightswarm
Master Sergeant II
Master Sergeant II
Lightswarm

PostSubject: Re: Intervention vs. Barret   Intervention vs. Barret I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 2:38 am

Meow- Intervention ftw!!
But Barrett if you like fast Aiming down the Site.
Also, I like WA200, it DOES NOT GET ANY 1 SHOT KILLS> lol
Back to top Go down
Dubbz
Major General II
Major General II
Dubbz

PostSubject: Re: Intervention vs. Barret   Intervention vs. Barret I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 1:30 am

Better gun: Barrett
Better for quick scoping: Intervention

I always get hitmarkers with the intervention, but not as much with the barrett. However, it seems easier to quick scope w/ the intervention so I use it.
Back to top Go down
TWei Baby
1st Lieutenant II
1st Lieutenant II
TWei Baby

PostSubject: Re: Intervention vs. Barret   Intervention vs. Barret I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 1:31 am

i am close to getting my intervention mastery again, which means ill be making a barrett class soon.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Captain
Captain
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Intervention vs. Barret   Intervention vs. Barret I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 6:09 pm

Intervention. FmJ. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
Ashley
First Sergeant I
First Sergeant I
Ashley

PostSubject: Re: Intervention vs. Barret   Intervention vs. Barret I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 7:09 pm

Never liked the Barret.. even in CoD 4. It's ugly, and is an semi-automatic sniper rifle. The only semi-auto rifle I actually liked was the Dragunov, and unfortunately that wasn't in Multiplayer. ):

Intervention - ftw. It's pretty, and I love the way it sounds.
Back to top Go down
M40A3 Kaaaaables
Admin
Admin
M40A3 Kaaaaables

PostSubject: Re: Intervention vs. Barret   Intervention vs. Barret I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 7:15 pm

the intervention is a fashion statement, the Barrett is better in pretty much every way.
Its like, getting a pair of white high tops w/ a louis vuitton monogran, you walk the same as you would w/ a pair of boring old Adidas'. Except because theyre so much nicer, they're more work to wear because you have to be extra careful not to scuff them. But you look so much better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KablesCANTdance
Dubbz
Major General II
Major General II
Dubbz

PostSubject: Re: Intervention vs. Barret   Intervention vs. Barret I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 9:30 pm

Ashley wrote:
Never liked the Barret.. even in CoD 4. It's ugly, and is an semi-automatic sniper rifle. The only semi-auto rifle I actually liked was the Dragunov, and unfortunately that wasn't in Multiplayer. ):

the dragonuv was beast
Back to top Go down
Dubbz
Major General II
Major General II
Dubbz

PostSubject: Re: Intervention vs. Barret   Intervention vs. Barret I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 9:31 pm

M40A3 Kaaaaables wrote:
the intervention is a fashion statement, the Barrett is better in pretty much every way.
Its like, getting a pair of white high tops w/ a louis vuitton monogran, you walk the same as you would w/ a pair of boring old Adidas'. Except because theyre so much nicer, they're more work to wear because you have to be extra careful not to scuff them. But you look so much better.
hahaha Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ashley
First Sergeant I
First Sergeant I
Ashley

PostSubject: Re: Intervention vs. Barret   Intervention vs. Barret I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 4:24 am

Dubbz wrote:
Ashley wrote:

the dragonuv was beast

Yeah, it's silly how it is in the Campaign/Spec Ops, and not in Multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intervention vs. Barret   Intervention vs. Barret I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intervention vs. Barret
Page 1 of 1