M200
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Few Ideas :).

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Effect
VIP Member
VIP Member
Effect

A Few Ideas :). Empty
PostSubject: A Few Ideas :).   A Few Ideas :). I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 4:11 pm

Ok so here i'm going to list a few ideas, and name some people that have contributed to the ideas Smile.

My first idea was to have a 'Media' section, including tutorials from the big editors, competitions etc. Kables adapted this idea by suggesting it could be VIP Only. What a Face

Media Section:

[Forums]
- Tutorials [Sub Forums: SV9 - After Effects - Photoshop - Other]
- Productions - Post your latest work, and receive feedback off of the community!
- Requests & Services - Do you have a specific service or have a request for an editor? Post it here!
- Help - Need some help? Ask the community!

'Request a name change' forum.
I heard my brother (M40A3 Phaze) asking to have his name changed, thought it would be a pretty neat idea if there was a specific forum dedicated to name changes, where a member of the community has to fill out a form, and a member of the Adminstrative team will change it as soon as possible.

Possible Layout for the form:

Quote :
Old Name: 'Name Here'
New Name: 'Name Here'
Reason for change:

Another possible idea for the name changing process, could be a option in the Control Panel where a member can change their own name.

***I WILL ADAPT THIS WHEN I THINK OF MORE***

Thanks,
Effect.
Back to top Go down
REDOCTO
Admin
Admin
REDOCTO

PostSubject: Re: A Few Ideas :).   A Few Ideas :). I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 4:17 pm

Sounds good! Yeah I will put those ideas on the forum.

I can also give you guys the power to change your own names, is that something you would want?
Or do you want the power to be on me?
Back to top Go down
Selito Sparrow
VIP Member
VIP Member
Selito Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A Few Ideas :).   A Few Ideas :). I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 4:18 pm

yeh allow us to have the power red as long as it doesnt get abused.
also the media forum sounds like a great idea to be honest.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/riccardotm
Effect
VIP Member
VIP Member
Effect

PostSubject: Re: A Few Ideas :).   A Few Ideas :). I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 4:19 pm

REDOCTO wrote:
Sounds good! Yeah I will put those ideas on the forum.

I can also give you guys the power to change your own names, is that something you would want?
Or do you want the power to be on me?
That would be cool, but the only problem with it is, people changing their name too much, it should be a certain amount over x amount of time,

Effect.
Back to top Go down
Effect
VIP Member
VIP Member
Effect

PostSubject: Another Idea.   A Few Ideas :). I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 4:31 pm

Just came up with another idea, what about a homepage? Then a link to the forum, this way all the latest news, etc. can be viewed easily, and it looks professional. Just a little idea i came up with when looking around Very Happy. Tell me what you think,

Effect.
Back to top Go down
Selito Sparrow
VIP Member
VIP Member
Selito Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A Few Ideas :).   A Few Ideas :). I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 4:34 pm

This idea will come with the forum move to vbulletin, this cannot happen though unless we raise the funds needed first.
Back to top Go down
J a c k
Captain II
Captain II
J a c k

PostSubject: Re: A Few Ideas :).   A Few Ideas :). I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 5:09 pm

if there was a name change you want to limit it or make it so you would need to contact an admin/owner for the change. also good ideas Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/ExtraordinaryGaming
Selito Sparrow
VIP Member
VIP Member
Selito Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A Few Ideas :).   A Few Ideas :). I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 5:18 pm

yeh either limit the name change to once a month or message an admin are both good ideas.
Back to top Go down
Effect
VIP Member
VIP Member
Effect

PostSubject: Re: A Few Ideas :).   A Few Ideas :). I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 5:49 pm

selito sparrow wrote:
This idea will come with the forum move to vbulletin, this cannot happen though unless we raise the funds needed first.
Won't be long hopefully Smile, i'm going to buy VIP aswell soon, so thats more towards the vB
Back to top Go down
REDOCTO
Admin
Admin
REDOCTO

PostSubject: Re: A Few Ideas :).   A Few Ideas :). I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 5:56 pm

Alright after much thought, I decided I will do the name changes.
It really doesn't take that long for me.
Back to top Go down
Zelink
Zelink

PostSubject: Re: A Few Ideas :).   A Few Ideas :). I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 6:46 pm

Good call. Of the experiences I have had on forums, the admins/mods being able to change names upon request when they want to or if they agree is much better. Otherwise a 2 month waiting period would be used before each person could change their name again.

As for the graphicals and editing stuff, I made mention of it earlier and putting that in the VIP section should encourage more people to attempt to join it. ^_^
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.come/G3TMProductions
Selito Sparrow
VIP Member
VIP Member
Selito Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A Few Ideas :).   A Few Ideas :). I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 1:01 pm

yeah i do feel the media section for the vip is a strong idea, we could do free graphics or discounted graphics for vip members depending on the scale they were talking of.
Back to top Go down
Zelink
Zelink

PostSubject: Re: A Few Ideas :).   A Few Ideas :). I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 5:52 pm

Selito Sparrow wrote:
yeah i do feel the media section for the vip is a strong idea, we could do free graphics or discounted graphics for vip members depending on the scale they were talking of.

Including, but not limited to:
~ Youtube Intros(Name Intros, etc.)
~ Youtube Backgrounds
~ Signatures
~ Avatars, Gifs, etc.
~ Wallpaper
Etc.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.come/G3TMProductions
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Few Ideas :).   A Few Ideas :). I_icon_minitime